Hilltop Lunch Volunteer Schedule
- Please note this schedule may not reflect switches that were made between volunteers.
- Lunch starts at 11:25 am and ends at 1:15 pm.
- For days that have * listed, these are 1pm dismissal days –please use the delayed opening and early dismissal schedule.
- If you are interested in helping in the Hilltop Cafeteria, please contact Kelly Gillard (908-432-0597; email@example.com).
Hilltop Lunchroom Volunteer Guidelines
- Assist children with lunches as needed.
- Remind students to follow posted rules (stay seated, indoor voice, ‘One Child At A Time In The Bathroom’ cafeteria rule, etc.).
- Give out wipes to EVERY student with nut products in their lunch and ensure they use them after eating.
- Help line-up students at the end of each lunch period.
- During an emergency or fire drill, direct students to exit out THE NEAREST patio doors.
- During a Safe School Drill follow the lead of the lunchroom teachers.
- Please call an aide if:
- There is a problem with a student’s lunch.
- You encounter a discipline issue involving physical contact, safety, profanity, or chronic defiance.
- A student is injured or ill.
The tables in front of the windows are reserved for students with food allergies. Students who are designated to sit there may invite one guest each day to sit with them (usually arranged with the teacher). An aide will wipe down these tables and chairs following each grade’s lunch period.
Please call an aide if:
- A child asks to sit at these tables, so that his/her lunch may be checked.
- There is any problem or question. Children should not be moved to or from these tables without consulting an aide.
- Please wash your hands at the start of the lunch period and after handling any foods containing nuts.
- Only one student is allowed in each bathroom at a time. Please closely monitor this safety rule.
- For their health and safety, students should not share food.
- Children hang up their coats and hats.
- Students’ information, conversations, and actions are confidential and should not be discussed with other children or parents. Doing so violated the confidentiality statement all volunteers completed and can be grounds for banishment from future volunteering.