Hilltop Elementary School currently has SMART Boards in EVERY classroom!
Click on the links to the left for great Interactive White Board resources!
Using the Interactive Whiteboard in the classroom
Save lessons to present to students who were absent
Create video files to teach a software application, a lesson, or as a review to be posted to the server or web. Example- How to create a graph in Excel
- Use maps to teach continents, oceans, countries, or states and capitals.
- Present presentations created by student or teacher
- Have students create e-folios including samples of their work and narration
- Digital storytelling
- Teach whole group computer or keyboarding skills
- Take notes directly into PowerPoint presentations
- Reinforce skills by using on-line interactive web sites
- Creating a project calendar
- Teach editing skills using editing marks
- Use highlighter tool to highlight nouns, verbs, adjectives, etc.
- Use it with Kidspiration or Inspiration
- Teaching students how to navigate the Internet
- Illustrate and write a book as a class. Use the record feature to narrate the text.
- Use the Interwrite software to create lessons in advance at home or at school. Then save them for future use or to be shared with other teachers
- Diagramming activities
- Teaching steps to a math problem.
- Have students share projects during Parent/Teacher/Student conferences
- Graphics and charts with ESL learners and special ed students.
- Teaching vocabulary
- Electronic Word Wall
- End each day by having students write one thing that they learned