2019-2020 Fall SPORTS: G-soccer, b-soccer, cross country, competitive/non-competitive cheer:
- Sport forms must be submitted to the Health Office by Monday, August 26, 2019. All PPE's will be reviewed by me and cleared for try-outs by the school physician before the Fall Sports Season.
- Students who do not have the mandated PPE (and HHU if needed) turned in WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR TRYOUTS!!
- Dr. Porter will be in to clear all PPEs at 9:00 AM on Thursday, August 29.
In order to be eligible for tryouts, a student MUST:
- Have had a physical within 365 days prior to the tryout date.
- Submit a parent and physician completed NJ state mandated 'Preparticipation Physical Evaluation' form to the health office for clearance by our school physician, Dr. Porter.
- A 'Health History Update' form ONLY needs to be completed for students whose PPE is dated greater than 90 days from the first day of try-outs of any sports season.
- The 'Sudden Cardiac Death in Young Athletes', 'Opioid Use and Misuse' and 'Sports-Related Concussion and Head Injury' forms must be read and signed by parents and athletes, then submitted to the Health Office upon participation on any interscholastic sports team--SUBMIT ALL 3 SIGN OFF SHEETS ONLY ONCE PER SCHOOL YEAR.
- Pursuant to N.J.A.C. 6A:16-2.2, written notification signed by the school physician stating approval/disapproval of the student's participation in athletics based upon the PPE will be sent home, noting the date of the PPE for your records.
- It is the parent's and student's responsibility to contact me to ensure all required forms are on file:
- It is too disruptive to academics for me to locate students to get them any forms they may need. This will also be expected when your child enters high school.
- State forms can be printed out from this web page or picked up in the Health Office.
Please reach out to me if you are unsure of your child's eligibility at 973-543-7075 x 246.
Thank you for your cooperation in ensuring a healthy and successful sports season!
INCOMING FRESHMEN 2019-20
All incoming freshmen need to be registered for their fall sport by July 15, 2019. Free physicals will be offered to incoming freshmen only on the following dates/locations:
●West Morris Central High School
Wednesday, July 10, 2019: 8-12am
●West Morris Mendham High School
Thursday, July 11, 2019: 8-12am
If you are interested in attending the school physical, please visit the WMMHS Athletics Page and register through the link provided.