6A:16-2.2 Required health services
Each district board of education shall ensure that students receive health screenings.
1. Screening for height, weight and blood pressure shall be conducted annually for each student in kindergarten through grade 12.
- Grades 5 through 8
2. Screening for visual acuity shall be conducted biennially for students in kindergarten through grade 10.
- Grades 6 and 8
3. Screening for auditory acuity shall be conducted annually for students in kindergarten through grade three and in grades seven and 11 pursuant to N.J.S.A. 18A:40-4.
- Grade 7 only
4. Screening for scoliosis shall be conducted biennially for students between the ages of 10 and 18 pursuant to N.J.S.A. 18A:40-4.3.
- Grades 5 and 7 only
- Scoliosis screenings are done in the spring during your child's PE class. Letters are sent home approximately 1 month prior to screening; you may choose to exclude your student from this screening by returning the letter with your signature.