CYBERSAFETY TIPS FOR PARENTS
Each year we continue to introduce, review, discuss and apply cybersafety rules and manners in our technology lab. In the Hilltop Library Media Center Technology Lab we prepare students to use the Internet for communication, creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, and problem solving. Students will understand human, cultural, and societal issues related to technology and practice legal and ethical behavior.
We will cover:
- Safety and Security online
- Manners, Cyber bullying and Ethics
- Authentic Learning and Creativity
- Twenty-First Century Challenges
All students in grades in grade 1-4 will be given age appropriate instruction throughout the year.
Below you will find links to websites that can help you gain a better understanding of how you can keep your children safe online.
Lastly, check out Brainpop.com and Brainpopjr.com for some great videos regarding digital citizenship, the subscription to this website is provided by the Mendham Borough Schoold District. All passwords are distributed at Back to School Night, but email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need password reminders.
LINKS FOR PARENTS:
- Privacy and Internet Safety - Privacy and Safety/Parental Settings
- Media Smarts
- Common Sense Media for Parents
- Tips for Internet Safety and Manners
- Click here for the Center for Safe and Responsible Internet Use CYBER SAFE KIDS: A Guide For Parents
- Click here for the Federal Bureau of Investigation's PARENT'S GUIDE TO INTERNET SAFETY