In the legal case of Jerkins v. Anderson, circumstances that led to terrible injury to a child caused the Court to require specific policy from every New Jersey Board of Education. The following summarizes our ongoing safety concerns.
The forms you need to complete to acknowledge that you have read the safety concerns below regarding arrival and dismissal procedures are provided at the bottom of this section:
FORMS: After reading the above: Click on the drop-off link below that applies to you; it will lead you to a form that you need to print out and complete. Please complete a form for each student by Frid
- CHILDREN’S SAFETY:
- To help us manage the volume of cars entering and leaving the schools at arrival and dismissal, we have a arrival/dismissal line along the left hand side of the school. From 8:15-8:30AM, and from 3:15-3:30PM, a member of faculty or staff will help your child from or to your car at the patio at the rear of the school. Please use this system if at all possible.
- You may of course also walk your child to and from school or park off-site. There are very few parking spaces on-site. Please do not double-park or park in driveways.
- From 8:30-8:35AM you may drive up to the front entrance to drop off your child. After 8:35AM you MUST come in with your child to sign them in as they are then officially LATE.
- At dismissal, you may pick up your child at the front or the rear of the school. The car line will use the rear patio; cars will not be able to pull up to the front entrance. Please indicate on the form below which exit your child will use so that the teachers can send them to the correct location.
- You must complete the form provided under the link below on this page if you wish to allow your child to walk home from school without supervision.
- Mountain View:
- Please do not park on the inner circle side of the back circle. This impedes parked vehicles’ ability to move out.
- ALTERNATE ARRIVAL/DISMISSAL ARRANGEMENTS:
- If your child’s dismissal arrangements change, you must send a signed note (tangible, fax, or email with signed attachment) to the Main Office. A fax or email must be followed up with a phone call.
- Click here for a note template that can be sent in to school to communicate a change in your child's dismissal plans.
- CALENDAR AND DAILY SCHEDULE:
- Morning Arrival is at 8:30AM for regular openings, 10:30AM for delayed openings.
- Afternoon Dismissal is at 3:15PM for regular dismissal, 1:00PM for early dismissal.
- Easy access to information is available on the district website, www.mendhamboro.org, and includes:
- Annual district calendar including scheduled half-days and closings
- School-level calendars with more specific information
- Banners across the top of the district webpage to emphasize unanticipated changes to the calendar and/or schedule.
- Unanticipated changes are also announced through the Honeywell Instant Alert system, which can be edited to include your preferred form of notification: e-mail address, cell phone, text messaging, pager, or PDA.
ay, September 11, 2015. Completed forms can be turned in to the main office at your child's school, or your child's home base teacher: